Monday, 2 June 2014

Complaints and Trade Disputes to Ministry of Commerce PRC

In the course of researching our consumer rights in buying products and items from China, we came across the website of the Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China.

According to Wikipedia, they are “responsible for formulating policy on foreign trade, export and import regulations, foreign direct investments, consumer protection, market competition and negotiating bilateral and multilateral trade agreements.”

In the Ministry's website is an “Inquiry and Answer” link. If you have any trade issue, dispute, complaint, scam, fraud, enquiry, or any matter with China companies that you wish to report on, you can submit an enquiry form to the Ministry of Commerce PRC.

After submitting your message, you would receive a message number which you can check back in a couple of days for replies, if any. Whether or not this helps is questionable. There are simply too many companies in China for them to effectively supervise. Nonetheless, if you have an existing matter with a Chinese supplier that is not resolved, you can always consider sending a message to the Ministry of Commerce to seek their advice and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.